Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blog Assingment #1

        My name is Crystal Raper I am considered a junior, but this is actually my first semester here at University of South Alabama.  I spent my first two and a half years of school at Faulkner University, and graduated with my associates degree in science.  So, I heard South Alabama was a great school, and here I am. I was born and raised a Mobile native, and like my parents I am a huge Alabama fan. 
        When I am not in school or studying I spend a lot of my time with my family and friends.  Neither one of parents went to college, so they are very excited that I decided to go to school.  We are a very close family, mainly because three years ago my oldest sister, Patricia was in a serious car accident which left her paralyzed from the neck down. 
         Being in the education field has been one of my passion for the longest time, since about the second grade to be exact. I just love the thought of helping students learn, and open their minds to new ideas and things.  It is not really a passion, but I truly enjoy my job and work place. I have been a server and Felix's seafood resturant for a little over a year, and I love it their.  The people, food, and atmosphere are all very enjoyabe.

2 comments:

  1. We enjoy going to Felix's. Next time I'll ask for your table if you are working that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, I can kind of relate to you in the essence that the University of South Alabama is new to me as well. I have been here since January so I am only a semester ahead of you as far as being at USA. Congratulations for getting a degree in science. That is exciting. I went straight to a four year college out of high school and now realize it would have been best to do two years of basics at a community college. I like how you are from Mobile and still wanted to stay here to go to college rather than moving away. My parents live in Oxford, Ms where Ole Miss is and I refused to go there. I went away to Delta State University and then ended up at South.
    I am sorry to hear about your sister although from experience I know sorry is not what you want to hear. When I was ten my eighteen year old uncle was in a car accident and lost his life. I am glad she is still around to be with you and your family even though it is not the best circumstance.
    I have not been to Felix's to eat yet but I will have to get my fiance to take me there to eat. He is from Satsuma and I know he has been there but I need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete