Monday, September 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

A. The educational implications of Google Squared is very useful, especially when you have to do wide searches of the web. It is very quick to access and it seems to be pretty accurate about numbers and about places that are searched. For my other searches I looked up other types of religions and dances from around the world. There are some religions and dances I never even heard or seen before until know.
B. The educational implications of WolframAlpha is very useful also, except with this search engine it gives you more diagrams, and a little more accuracy of numbers. Using WolframAlpha gave me more of a selection of each religion and dance type. It gave me more of a chance to go more in depth with my topics, which I can see being a very useful tool for the near future.
C. Before this assignment I had no idea that Google Squared even existed.
D. I had no idea the Wolfram Alpha existed either.
E. My feelings from the did you know assignment has not changed.
F. I learned a lot more from this exercise by not assuming that the United States population is large because looking through other informational sources it allows me to see all the other countries and their populations, it basically allows others to see the big picture. The statistics portion came into play when better when we use the Wolfram Alpha source, it is very helpful and a lot more understandable.
Location of Pitcairn Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment