Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blog Assignment #5

Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog
              Listening to these third graders talk about Ancient Rome and things that occurred in those times, such as the architecture and gladiators was very intriguing.  Seeing how well prepared they were to give their explanation on their specific person or thing from Rome was very useful.  That shows that we should be prepared about our topic before trying to give an explanation, performance, or recording unless we know for sure what we are going to say and when and how we are going to do so.  Because if we are not prepared their is a great chance that it will be a huge mess.
Joe Dale: The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom 
               Using podcasts in the classroom and even at home can allow children and adults alike to expand their mind and use of technology that they never thought possible.  It can allow student's to see other things from other countries and different religions.  Even if parents think podcasts are not safe for their children they can watch over them as well, so they can make sure their child is safe.  The uses of podcasts and technology are forever growing, and the more they grow the more useful and dependent we become.  Watching and listening to this podcast show's me the great uses that podcasts can be used for, and I know that I will be using them more often.
Judy Scharf Podcast Collection 
               This very was very informational especially on how to create and download your podcast.  I am glad this video was included mainly because I have never had to do my own podcast.  So the information I got from this link was very useful to me.  It also gave several sites and other links to go to if you wanted to use other accommodations then the ones that you may already know!  So this will be very useful when doing my own podcast.

3 comments:

  1. Crystal I agree with you on that as teacher or in anything we should be prepared for anything that we are going to explain, demonstrate, or record. The podcasting I have some of the same views you had on it. It can be very useful to help expand a students mind of thought by introducing them to different material. The last video help me understand how to do my teams podcast and it seems that it help you to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is in 3rd grade and his class will use iPods and iPads this year. I hope that he has the opportunity to use podcasting in class. I am glad to see future teachers see the potential of expanding learning through technology in the class room. If not then we will do one at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post Crystal!

    Podcasting teaches the students all about the importance of preparation. The great part is that they provably don't even realize they are learning this. This is an example of the, what I like to call, "incidental learning" that goes on when using activities like podcasting. I think podcasting is a tool that every teacher should have in their toolbox.

    Your blog looks great. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete