Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

1.  I think that if the learners are motivated they can learn, but unless they get the correct teaching of a specific subject that they are trying to learn they may run into some problems.  They may be able to figure it out,  but how does someone truly know if they are doing it correctly unless shown.  But i believe if someone can put their mind to it they can learn on their own but with a few bumps in the road to follow.
2. Their are some motivated kids out their who try really hard to learn, but some of the things they need or want to learn may be out of their league to learn for right now.  If they were to get an understanding of how to teach themselves and learn how to learn on their own they may have better luck learning on their own.
3. For kids especially they need a good laid out study schedule and no distractions around them like a television, radio, or cell phone.  Those rules can also apply for adults as well because if anyone has distractions around them they will pay more attention to it than to what they are trying to learn or study.  So, those are the basic key things that should be used especially if you are trying to motivate yourself to learn something on one's own.
4. Computers and internet can play a big positive or negative role in the learning process.  The positives are very useful in the sense that kids and adults alike can use them for writing papers, creating projects, and surfing the internet for useful information for research or things to that matter. In the negative slot though, kids can use it to play games, talk to friends, or check their facebook or twitter account, which will cause a distraction for them while they are trying to do work
5.  I think it brings out the want to learn and figure out new and improving things.  Because if you do not have the desire to even try out something or to try to learn something new you will never be motivated learn and will probably never go anywhere in life!
6. Well if you do not come across a problem or a question when you are trying to learn that means you probably do not understand something and are just to embarrassed or scared to ask for help.  Then as time goes by with all those problems and unanswered questions more problems and questions occur and know you are overwhelmed and freaking out.  So, now you learned that if you do not ask for help you will sink very quickly.
7. Motivation is done by making something that is boring and turning it into a fun learning game for kids.  Because if it does not seem interesting to the kids they will not want to learn.  Just think of how we go to some of our classes and we wish they were more fun and involved wouldn't that make you more eager to learn, that is how you have to be with kids.
8. I am motivated by the fact that I want to have success in life.  I do not want my life full of regrets and I wishes.  I want to make sure I do what I want to or at least try to do what I set my mind to.
9. No, for the main reason of if someone is not motivated to at least try to learn why would they want to learn.  It takes more time to learn how to learn then it actually takes to learn.  So, if someone has to ambition to try then they just do not want to.
10. I teach myself.  Everyday I teach myself something new because their is a saying that a person learns something new everyday you may not know what that new thing is exactly, but you learn something.  Like for instance, I just learned a few minutes ago how to use my disc drive on my laptop and I am very excited.  I learned this from a friend of mine today because I just could not figure it out and my friend Alana looked at it and said this is how you do it.  I was blown away, I was like that's all I feel so retarded, but it is okay because I learned something new.
11.  Teacher's play a key role in how students learn because if the teacher is not very good at his or her job it makes the learning process for the student just that much harder.  Then it looks bad on the teacher, and the teacher may or may not notice how bad a job he or she is doing until it is to late for the student in question.
12. I think it is great that kids try to learn on their own because I know when I was their age I was not the brightest in the bunch.  So, I am glad they are trying new things on their own.
13. What other issues may affect a student's learning abilities and things of that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment